INTO Marshall University
A historic public university located in downtown Huntington with additional campuses and centers in South Charleston, Point Pleasant, and Teays Valley.
Marshall University is accredited as an institution of higher learning by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Marshall University offers programs which encourage individual growth through the attainment of scholarship, acquisition of skills, and development of personality. Marshall also recognizes an obligation to the state and community by offering evening, off-campus, and Internet classes, as well as lectures, artistic programs, conferences, forums, and other campus and field activities.
Pathway and English language programs
INTO Marshall's Undergraduate and Graduate Pathway programs are ideal for international students who need additional English language and academic preparation before continuing to a degree program at a US university.
INTO Marshall's English language programs are for students who want to become confident English speakers by studying at a US university
Why Study at INTO Marshall?
- Take your first steps toward earning a US university degree at one of America’s leading, regional research institutions
- Study on a safe, secure and friendly campus including hundreds of clubs and activities from which to choose
- Live, learn and have fun with students from all around the US and across the globe
- Enjoy full access to all university resources, services and facilities
- Have small classes taught by university instructors
- Earn academic credits that apply toward Marshall University degree programs
- Progress to a Marshall University degree program upon successful completion of a Pathway
Marshall University is located in Huntington, West Virginia, a small, safe town of 50,000 people in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains along the Ohio River.
Although Huntington is only a few hours’ drive from major metropolitan areas, the state’s population density is considerably less than the national average and the state is considered one of the nation’s safest. The cost of living in West Virginia is, on average, lower than the rest of the United States.
About West Virginia
One of the best things about living in West Virginia is the variety of activities you can enjoy. You can:
- test your wilderness skills with a camping or backpacking trip
- hit the slopes for a day of skiing or snowboarding
- spend your day kayaking or white water rafting down the New River Gorge National River, just a short drive from campus
- enjoy the West Virginia landscapes from above while rock climbing
Marshall University rankings
- #1 Forensic Science Master’s program in the US (American Board of Criminalistics)
- #16 Top Public Regional Universities, South (U.S. News & World Report, 2014)
- #39 Regional Universities, South (U.S. News & World Report, 2014)
- Carnegie classification for Master’s Colleges and Universities (Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching)
- $50 million USD in research grants (2012-2013)
Key University Facts
- Founded - 1837
- Enrollment - 13,715 (Undergraduate - 9,889;Graduate - 3,430)
- International students - 315
- Faculty - 1,080
- Colleges - 10 (College of Arts and Media,College of Business,College of Information Technology and Engineering,College of Health Professions, College of Science, School of Education and Professional Development, College of Science, School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, University College.)
- Graduate Pathway in Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Undergraduate Pathway in Business Administration
- Graduate Pathway in Engineering
- Undergraduate Pathway in Engineering with Civil Engineering Emphasis
- Graduate Pathway in Accountancy
- Undergraduate Pathway in General Studies
- Graduate Pathway in Healthcare Administration
- Undergraduate Pathway in Science
Sports Science & Management
- Graduate Pathway in Sport Administration
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.